lundi 19 avril 2010

Dorkness it should be

Thrasher July'89



What's funny is that the first thing I wanted to post, I wanted it to be something that struck when I first started skating.
Me and my older brother bought 3 Thrashers for 100Francs at the time. (We ordered them on 36 15 SKATE, no kidding). I honestly think I spent hours devoring these magazines back then.
Well, that ad (shown here) represented like the essence to me. Being out, skating, eating, dorking, whatever… It's also way punk. I used to just stare at it as a kid and think it looked like a purpose in life (as weird as it could be).
I honestly didn't care that much about those Gordon & Smith trucks, anyway.

Ricky Windsor used to ride for Circle A Skateboards. Ed Templeton rode for that company as well before turning pro for New Deal when it started.

There's a lot of companies out there promoting that 'have fun philosophy' thing and what not, nowadays. I don't know.
Just think about why you've started this in the first place.

My whole point here is that skateboarding has always been about being out, enjoying your time, and dorking around.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Le roll-on grind, symptôme d'une génération de feignasses

  Lylian Fev, roll-on fs crook  https://soloskatemag.com/lilian-fev-unique-relique-from-paris   Phénomène observable depuis maintenant plusi...